Thursday 24 November 2016

Sofia - District Athletics
This Wednesday 13 people from Room 13 competed in the District Athletics. When we arrived (unexpectedly in cars) it started pouring with rain and some of us had to fit 8 people under 2 umbrellas! We all thought it would be called off, but it wasn't, we carried on with it. In the wet, muddy grass. Some people slipped over, and some were still unbalanced.
My first event was the 100 metre heat, which I came 2nd in, then the 800 metres, 4th, and then the 100 metre final, with 2nd place again.

Anna K-District Athletics
This Wednesday 13 people from Room 13 went to District Athletics held at Herries park. It was pouring down with rain (for at least 20 minutes) My first event was the 800 metres, and I came 1st in that, my second event was long jump I got a new PB (3.55 meters) I got 3rd, My third event was high jump but it was too wet so they didn't do it (they moved it to Friday) and my last event was the 200 metre heat I came first in the heat, but came 2nd in the final.

Thomas-Cricket
On Wednesday we learned base cricket with Devon and Carissa.  We played base cricket; it’s kind of like baseball but with cricket rules. With 3 strikes and you hit the ball off the tee and the teams were called the Cows and the Horses.  It was a draw, it was a very close game. I was about to catch someone out but then Richie came sweeping in and hit me but it was an accident and my leg got hurt.
   
Riley-District Athletics
“Uh I’m cold, so cold “ I moaned.  Then all of a sudden Anna’s car came around into view.  “yay, good shelter.  Anna K and I rushed to the car as it parked just outside the school.  The car was so warm compared to outside.  As we were getting closer to the park I  began to wonder. How many schools will there be? or Will I get into Thames Valley?  Wow, that was quick I thought to myself as we arrived.  We all said thank you and ran for shelter from the rain.  Once were there it looked as if we walked not caring about the rain.                                                                                                                                                              
Charli-Teddy Bears
On Thursday, Room 13 had to work in Room 12 for the morning.   We had to bring in a teddy bear.  We did a rotation and one was starting the teddy bear. Another was measuring our teddy and another one was reading a bear  book.              

Blake-District Athletics
This Wednesday 13 people in our class went to District Mrs H was really happy that we got into district Athletics And my events were shot put and high Jump.  
                                             
William - Teddy Bear Thursday! (Parts of the day)
Yesterday, the class brought in teddy bears because we are making a bear!  Also we were kicked out of the class because interviews were next door in the Library, so we were in room 12 until lunch.  We measured the bears like, body, nose, with and more! After all that we had a teddy bear picnic. Trevor brought in bikkies and it was nice. We’re continuing today and also we have began building a bear!
By William B.

Sarfyre-Earthquake drill
ON TUESDAY WE HAD A  FRIGHT!
Well we were working in Room 12 we had an Earthquake drill.  We did not know it was drill because Room 11 was doing fitness and they were stomping.  We are so lucky it was not a real one.     

Leah-room 13 is room12 for the day
On Thursday Room 13 was in Room 12 for the day, we did some teddy bear stuff! We rotated around the class there were lots of activities.   

No comments:

Post a Comment