Thursday 27 October 2016

Layering the liquid

Thanks Thomas for sharing your layered liquid experiment - Here is a video explaining about density.

Sofia- Athletics
On Wednesday this week, we had our school athletics.
This was my 800 metre experience.   I hadn't even had a chance a have a drink after the 100 metre finals, and we were off! I swiftly made my way to the inside, all the ages were racing together, so the races would go quicker. But it wasn't very convenient at my end, having to push past seniors wasn't easy, and was taking valuable time.  Soon I was on the home stretch, with only 200 metres to go! I went as fast as I could go, sprinting to the finish line second.

Anna K-Livestock day
On October the 21st, 4 students (including me) from Room 13 went to livestock day, it was very fun, there was a lot a competition. There were 3 rounds, leading, rearing and dairy type.  My calf Pebbles and I didn't get any 1st’s however we were really good buddies and I think we had the best bond.

Charli-Athletics
On Wednesday we had our school athletics.  I was running in the 100 metre race.  It was my first time.  I was nervous and 3,2,1, GO.I was off like a rocket then I started to slow down at the end.  Oh no, I have come last.   

Riley-Activities on livestock day
On Livestock day the people in Room 13 that didn’t do it had to split into groups and go to a different class to work for the day.  Mrs Haddock sent us a document that we had to go on and find who you are going with and what class you were going to. There was a whole bunch of activities to do like reading, writing the blog, looking at cattle https://www.rosiesworld.co.nz/dairy-journey/all-about-cows/cow-families/, doing a to z with cow nameshttp://www.krankykids.com/cows/alphabetical/a.html, Intervewing a competitorhttp://www.lic.co.nz/lic_Learn_about_Calf_Club.cfm
And some other cool things too.

William - Athletics
Wednesday, 2nd November was the SAS Athletics day. Here is my long jump story…
It began, sprinting up to the mat as fast I can go!  3! 2! 1!  BLAST OFF!
2 Meters later and out of the sand I hear “No Jump” then I tried again and run…  
On the orange I flew 1 meters and a half.  A few mins later it was time for attempt number 3, SPRINT, J-U-M-P!  
This time 1.8 metres.
Next I found out the results and didn’t make it into districts but well-done everyone that did and Good luck!
Blake-Athletics
On Wednesday we had our school athletics it took ages for my events to come up.  My first one was the hundred metre sprint, I came 3rd.  Then I   did shot put, I got 6.15m and I came 3rd.  In high jump I came 2nd and I also came 4th in the 200m.   The day was cloudy and we had a few little showers.  I think I might get into Districts.  

Thomas Grason density tower
On the 26th October I showed the class a 6 layer density tower.

Sarfyre-Drama with Miss Malone.
On Thursday Miss Malone was teaching our class.When it was near the end of the day we  did drama. We we did this fun game where we had to walk around like a different character, it was fun.
.Image result for drama word

No comments:

Post a Comment